In the News
The mission of Dancing for Diabetes is to spread awareness through the art of dance to better educate the community, raise funds to find a cure, and inspire those with Type 1 Diabetes to live healthy and active lives. We are so appreciative of the support of our local and national media for picking up our story and spreading the word – Together we fight against diabetes through fundraising and awareness.
Click to View our Digital News Clippings:
- 4th Annual Bowl for a Cause Raised $15,000 to Support Type 1 Diabetes
- Dancing for Diabetes Founder, Elizabeth Forrest – nominated for 2019 Women Who Mean Business
- Hundreds of Central Florida Dancers – using their talents raising funds to find a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
- The 18th Annual Dancing for Diabetes Show at the Bob Carr Theater – $100,000 Check to the Diabetes Research Institute
- Dancing for Diabetes Founder, Elizabeth Forrest – nominated for Womens Inspired Leadership Award
- November 2018 – Radio Interview Real Talk Central Florida FM 101.9
- Orlando Magazine – A World of Good
- Orlando Family Magazine – A New Reality
- Orlando Weekly – Performing Arts Events this Fall
- Press Release – November is National Diabetes Awareness Month
- Diabetes is an Everyday Reality for Nearly 30 Million Americans
- Featured on Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center Website
- September 2018 – Business Journal – Dance Show Benefits Diabetes Research
- Press Release – 18th Annual Dancing for Diabetes
- June 2017 – Diabetes Dad – 2017 Lisa Award
- Orlando Magazine – Women of the Year
- World of Dance Season 2 – A hip-hop team that loves to do good – The Funkywunks has performed at Dancing for Diabetes.